Food is good. It provides a certain level of happiness and fulfillment every time you eat your favorite dishes. While food is meant to fill your tummy, there is a thing called “too much” that resulted in obesity of one-third of the global population. What is more alarming is that this epidemic affects both adults and children.
- What is the quickest way to burn fat?
- Want to burn fat and get healthier
- Looking for how to change your body?
Read on then…
It’s not just the food’s fault. Unhealthy lifestyle such as lack of sleep or poor choice of food could also be the reason why you no longer fit in your jeans from six months ago.
The good news is there is something you can do about it without compromising your health. Read on to find out what is best way how to burn fat without skipping meals and starving yourself:
1. Weight Loss Supplements
Do you want to know the quickest way to burn fat? All of the tips mentioned in this article are helpful, but if you want something fast and effective, then weight loss pills could be your best friend in the weight loss department.
First, how do weight loss supplements work?
It could be any one or all of the following mechanisms:
- Reduce your appetite by making you feel fuller longer
- Increase your body’s fat burning abilities to help you burn more calories
- Lessen your absorption of nutrients to enable your body to take fewer calories
When it comes to weight loss pills, ingredients are crucial. There are some supplements that contain harmful, untested ingredients that could compromise your health.
To be sure, below are tried-and-tested, backed up by science weight loss pills that you may consider:
- Caffeine – This ingredient is known to boost metabolism by as much as 11 percent and increase fat burning by up to 29 percent. There are also studies that showed that caffeine could also lead to modest weight loss.
- Garcinia Cambogia – This small, green fruit inhibits fat-producing enzymes in your body. It could also increase serotonin levels in your body to help reduce food cravings. When taken regularly, it could contribute to weight loss of two pounds with no reported side effects. Fiber that stays in your gut longer to promote the feeling of fullness.
- Glucomannan – This is a type of soluble fiber that sits in the gut to promote a feeling of fullness. When combined with a healthy diet, it could help you lose up to 10 pounds in five weeks. Nonetheless, be prepared to have soft stools and bloating, which are the common side effects of this ingredient.
- Green tea Extract – Weight loss pills will never be complete without green tea ingredient. This is because this ingredient increases norepinephrine, a type of hormone that helps burn fat. It could also increase fat burning capabilities that lead to fat loss, particularly in the belly area.
- Orlistat – This is another popular weight loss supplement in the market. Orlistat is a pharmaceutical drug that prevents the breakdown of fat in the gut, thereby making you take fewer calories. This helps increase your weight loss by six pounds. The issue with orlistat is that it comes with digestive effects like loose, oily stools and frequent bowel movement that may be hard to control. If you plan to take Orlistat, then go for a low-fat diet to reduce the side effects.
2. Take Water Seriously
You heard it countless times: “Drink at least eight to 10 glasses of water every day.” It could be annoying but the truth is water can do so much if you want to lose weight.
According to a 2013 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, increased water consumption could have a weight-reducing effect on your body. Another study revealed that increasing water intake to more than one liter every day could lead to an additional two kilograms of lost weight and lower body mass index or BMI. This is impressive because participants did not make any lifestyle changes aside from the increase in water intake.
Here comes the best part: water is naturally calorie-free. If you want more flavor, you can add slices of lemon or lime to make you drink more water.
3. Add Healthy Fats in Your Diet
For years, fat has been demonized and made people fear this food group. This is why many people advocate for a fat-free diet because this is the “healthier alternative.”
The truth is fat is not all that bad. There are healthy fats you can add to your diet that could help you lose excess weight. This is because it takes time for fat to be digested by your stomach, thereby making you feel fuller longer. One study also showed that a diet rich in healthy fat lowers the risk of weight gain than going for a diet with a low-fat diet.
What type of healthy fats should you include in your diet? Here’s what:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Nuts and seeds
Still, don’t be too excited. Too much fat could be detrimental to your health, no matter how healthy it is. Consume healthy fats moderately to see positive effects in your body.
4. Fill Your Body with Soluble Fiber
When it comes to burning fat, health experts will tell you to stock up on fiber.
You might ask why.
Fiber, particularly soluble fiber absorbs water and form into viscous, gel-like substance. Once taken, your body will digest and break down soluble fiber, which is also known as the process of fermentation. This will produce short-chain fatty acids that help reduce belly fat.
As a result:
- Promotes the feeling of fullness longer
- Decreases appetite
- Reduces the risk of gaining belly fat
- Provides diversity in gut bacteria, which also lowers the risk of belly fat
On your next trip to the grocery, make sure you add sweet potatoes, flaxseed, legumes, apricot, Brussels sprouts, and grains. These are good sources of fiber that will help you burn fat fast.
5. Say Hello to Protein
Losing weight is not just about fiber, fruits, and vegetables. To burn more fat, you need to include protein in your daily diet.
You might ask why.
Eating protein-rich foods helps preserve muscle mass and boosts your metabolism during weight loss. According to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, eating protein also makes you feel fuller longer, thereby reducing your calorie intake and appetite, which leads to weight loss.
Still, choose the right kind of protein. Eggs, chicken, and lean meat are excellent sources of protein. Seafood like salmon and protein should also be included in your daily diet. Legumes and dairy products are also great sources, so make sure you stock up on them as well.
6. Get Enough Sleep
How many hours of sleep are you getting every night? If you get only four hours or less every night, then don’t be surprised if your weight starts to shoot up.
Sleep is an important factor in glucose metabolism and neuroendocrine function. This means poor sleep quality could alter metabolic and endocrine functions such as:
- Poorer tolerance to glucose
- Less sensitivity to insulin
- Increase in ghrelin, also known as hunger hormone
- A decrease in leptin or satiety hormone
In simpler terms, lack of sleep makes you hungry. This is seconded by a 2017 study published in European Journal of Clinical Nutrition wherein it revealed those who did not get enough sleep ate an additional 385 calories every day.
Therefore, aim for at least seven to eight hours of sleep every night. Establish a sleep routine such as taking a warm bath or listening to soothing music to help you prepare your body.
7. Add Cardio in Your Daily Routine
Are you serious about burning fat? If you answered yes, then you need to make sure that you include cardio or aerobic exercises in your daily routine.
Running, swimming, and cycling are common cardio workouts that are effective in burning fat. Still, simple things like using the stairs instead of riding the elevator, walking instead of riding a cab when your destination is few blocks away, and doing household chores allow you to move around and lose weight at the same time.
8. Don’t Forget Strength Training
Cardio is king when it comes to weight loss. Still, don’t underestimate the effects of strength training when it comes to burning fat.
Strength training builds muscle mass and increases your strength by contracting your muscles against resistance. One study revealed that doing training exercises reduces visceral fat or the fat that surrounds the organs in the belly area. When combined with aerobic exercise, you will see a noticeable improvement in your body, specifically the belly area.
In other words, don’t be afraid to lift weights to burn fat. Yes, you will gain muscle mass, but the body will appreciate it.
Given these tips, are you ready to burn excess fat in your body? You can and you will.